- 10+2 pass is necessary for all the courses.
- 25% of the seats are reserved for female students in each of the courses.
- Exception in qualification will be given to bonafide Assistant Film Directors. However, they should be proficient in written and oral communication in Tamil or English.
- The application for joining the academy and the courses can be downloaded from the link given at the end of this page.
- The application forms can also be obtained at the BOFTA office in person or by writing to mail ID: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Filled in Application with an Application fee of Rs.1000/- must be submitted on or before the course commencement at the BOFTA office in person or by Courier.
- The application needs to be accompanied by copies of certificates of qualification and age proof documents.
- Applications will be verified for eligibility based on the conditions mentioned above.
- Short-listed students shall be called for personal interviews with the Masters.
- The selection of students will be strictly based on interviews with the Masters.
- The selected students must join by paying the first semester fee within seven days of selection, failing which their admission shall stand cancelled.
- The classes will be conducted from Monday to Friday from 9.30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. with a one-hour lunch break for most courses.
- Screenplay Writing and Direction students shall have six day classes for first three months and then will follow the other course timings.
- Saturdays are reserved for outdoor activities, workshops and film viewing as a group for all the students.
Medical and Accident Insurance
- It is mandatory that students be insured against medical emergencies.